As we all know, how the scope of technology is increasing at a faster rate in our lives, especially in industries, firms, organizations, etc. The use of computers has increased to a great extent in doing business transactions, communicating information, utilization of available resources, storing information and records, etc. With the use of technology and innovation, a large amount of work can be done in a few hours that even cannot be done manually in years. Technology and innovation have brought many advantages to industries and other fields. But with the advantages, it also has brought many challenges for the users in form of maintenance, update, controls, etc. With the increasing demand for information technology, the demand for coders, programmers, and developers is also increasing. These coders and programmers are also called software engineers or computer engineer. These engineers help an organization to make proper use of its information technology assets and resources, its update, and maintenance.
Due to these reasons’ organizations have to hire or recruit coders, developers, or programmers (IT engineers). Organizations can not appoint these engineers on a random basis, they are to be recruited by taking proper Programming tests and interviews. These tests and interviews will help an organization to select the best and intelligent programmers to maintain their IT assets and solve coding problems. Proper maintenance and use of IT assets bring enormous advantages to organizations like innovation, less cost, increases productivity and profitability, seamless flow of business, faster information communication, etc.
However, before hiring a programmer, he or she should be tested and interviewed properly and carefully. A programmer can be tested and interviewed with various methods.
An organization can use the following ways to assess the coding skills of a programmer:
- In the very first step, an organization needs to select the right candidates of all the candidate applicants. The selection should be based on the coding knowledge of the candidates, not the academic marks. In many cases, the candidates with good academic marks do not even know the coding for a simple coding problem. Therefore, it is very important to select the right applicants first and test them carefully, whether they are suitable for the organization or not. Now it comes to the question, how the selected applicants and candidates should be tested. Candidates should be asked to write the coding for a simple problem. This should be done over the call. It should be done using an online tool. The online tool that you will be using will help you to assess the solution given by the candidate and evaluate it, whether it is correct or not. Taking tests from the candidates for solving simple problems will at least make you sure that they know how to write codes. After this test, candidates can be taken to the next step.
- After assuring the basic coding abilities, you can assess their further abilities by providing them with a real-world small project. You can either give them a mini project or ask them to write a code for the component that you want in your project. After doing this, you will get to know, how many candidates can write 45 to 50 lines of code. This will help you to decrease the number of candidates by eliminating those who are not able to write 45 to 50 lines of code. This will make your interview process small and easier. To get more confirmation about their abilities you can give them audition projects or ask them for sample projects that have made on their own and are proud of. You will also have to confirm whether the sample project is made on their own or not. You also need to go through their profile to know about their communication skills. You can rank the candidates based on their performance in the audition projects or the sample projects submitted by them.
- After the above step, select the hire the candidate on the top rank. Before hiring, you need to make sure, whether the selected candidate will sit fit the organization’s culture. An organization’s culture means colleagues, workflow, required communication skills, etc. If yes, then hire the candidate, otherwise, you can go for the next candidate.
The steps explained above can be used by an organization to hire a programmer.
Hiring a programmer has many benefits.
- Hiring a professional and experienced programmer will help you increase the productivity of your business. The programmer will handle technical situations with intelligence and professionalism. It will help in the seamless flow of the business. The seamless flow of business will result in greater productivity.
- In organizations working with higher technology and innovation, many emergency technical situations occur that would require a quick technical response. A programmer will be giving quick technical responses to such situations.
- The programmer will scale the resources of your organization as per your requirements. This will help in increasing the efficiency, flexibility, and adaptability of the organization.
- The professional programmers will help in developing high-value websites and software that will help you to have easy excess to the market. The easy excess to the market will help you to increase your sale, decrease your selling expenses, and increase your profitability.
- The professional programmers will also be providing your regular reports on the project progress, through which you will be able to see the success and future of the projects and make the appropriate amendments in the project if required.
- The professional programmer or the programming team will have greater programming knowledge that will support and existing and future projects.
- Professional programmers or developers provide quality services to their clients. They do not consider the time zone that you are from. They are always up for solving the problems of their clients.
All the points mentioned above are the benefits of hiring a programmer. But these benefits will be available only when the programmer is hired after taking proper tests and interviews.